Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Finding the best of the best!

I don't know how many of you girls had trouble finding the "RIGHT" mascara. I went through a few to actually find the best one. So keep reading on for it!

My lashes are really straight and down which sucks for most us asian girls! We are not fortunate with long, curly lashes. I went through few mascaras just to find the perfect one! I spent probably over 50 euros, yikes, I know! So here's the list to the ones I've tried and I'll explain what went wrong with each one. Oh yeah, I'll tell you how prep for your lashes because they are very fragile.

Prepping:

Last summer, I started using a product called "Mavala" which strengthens and thickens lashes. It didn't thicken my lashes but it did strengthens my lashes because my lashes tends to fall when I curl my lashes without anything on it. It really helps nourish it! I really recommend it if your lashes are in need of help and plus it helps a lot when I pre-curl my lashes. I saw a difference within a few weeks or less. I even stopped using it last fall and my lashes were in not good shape! And so last December I went and purchase it again. I'm unsure if they sell in the USA but here's the link to their page; www.mavala.com.

P.S I use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/_us/_en/accessories/eyelash-curlers/eyelash-curler.htm which works very well to the one I used to use; Japonesque http://www.japonesque.com/catalogue.cfm?fla=productsSplash

The list of curling mascaras that I used. I wanted to find one where it won't make my curled lashes fall once I've applied the mascara.

Prices according to Sephora.
  • Maybelline Audacious Curl Waterproof (Discontinued). This one was a very good curling mascara and it was cheap, about 9 euros.


  •  Get Bent Lash by Benefit.  This one was a little too clumpy and it came out too much from the bottle and on the wand. 21.50 euros ($19)

  •  Givenchy Phenomen' Eyes. This one was ok, it only made my lashes longer and goes down my curled lashes! 27 euros ($28)


  •  Urban Decay Skyscraper Muti-benefit Mascara. This one made my lashes fall down when applying. 19 euros ($22)





  •   Dior Show Iconic. This one was a rip off, look at how much I got it for!! It didn't even work! 28.10 euros ($27)

  •  THE #1 mascara! This one is the best of the best! It worked like a charm! When I applied it to my pre-curl lashes, it didn't fall and it stayed curled! All I had to do if I wanted it a little bit curler was to crimp it once after it's been half dried. I no longer have to look anywhere else because this is the ONE! Ladies, I present you my life saver! Make Up For Ever: Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Volume, Length & Curl, 19 euros ($22)

 Let me know what works for you and if any of you has the Aqua Smoky Lash, let me know! Comment below please!

1 comment:

  1. hi fefe! i don't think they sell aqua mascara brand in the us. one of my favorite mascara is maybelline lash stiletto -- it applies evenly and comes off easily. the only thing that i've noticed is is that it tends to dry off after a month or so. i love my Shu Eemura eyelash curler. At first, i thought that it was very pricey but i noticed that it worked better than the cheap brand. anyways, keep up with your blogging. i got a little inspired after i watched julie and julia too but i knew that it wasn't going to be everlasting! HA! KAT!

    ReplyDelete